Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life Lately


That's right...Baby #2 will be joining our family around mid November. We are extremely excited!!!

When we found out:

March 16th- The Wojtczak's house had "the bug". However, as Kylin and Justin started to feel better, I did not. So I took a test. The line was faint but it was there!! I cried and we were both thrilled. We had been praying for this sweet baby for a while. I wanted to be sure so the next day we bought digital test and it was instantly POSITIVE.




When we saw baby #2 for the first time:

April 15th- We went to see Dr. Pohl, a new doctor. We love him. He was very nice and asked lots of questions. I had a csection with Kylin and we discussed a v-back. He was very honest with us and told us all the options. We both feel he is going to take great care of me and the baby. I had been feeling a lot more sickness and symptoms. I told him that and he joked that it was either "a boy or twins". I was quite eager already to see the baby but even more so after hearing that. No big announcement...there is just one sweet baby there. We got to see his/her heart beat. It was beating nice and strong. We were thrilled. I haven't been able to scan his/her first pic yet but if you have had one before it doesn't quite look like a person yet. We also got a video of the heart beat so I may have Justin edit it so I can post it soon.

May 16th- I got so lucky to take the gestational diabetes test early, wahoo! ;-( Because Kylin was so big and I gained so much weight and had some high blood pressure my doctor wants to keep a close eye on all possible things that can happen. I took that today. I will post the results when I get them. Of course we are praying everything comes back normal! We got to hear he or she's heart beat. It was nice a strong. He said everything was looking great so far!

Symptoms: I may just be a baby but this pregnancy so far has really kicked my tail. I am not sure if it is because it is the end of school, I have a 2 year old, I am older, or this pregnancy is just harder - maybe a combination of all!
Ways I am reminded I am pregnant: exhausted but can't sleep great, nausea, lower back pain, crazy fever blisters (I have NEVER had them in my life), moody..moody...moody(my poor husband), emotional ( I have cried every Sunday at church), major food aversions - I had really been into couponing prior to pregnancy but can't even go to the southern savers website without feeling sick, stretching pains (due to my previous c-section the pains are a little sharper), and a few others but I am starting to sound pathetic ;-)

We told Kylin and she talks about the baby in mommy's tummy. She has recently been really in love with our nephew Sawyer who is 6 months old which is encouraging. She is very sweet to him and always talks about him. She is pretty gentle with him as well. We do know however none of us know how that transition will go and we already pray for that. I think it is because a good friend just had a baby but I am just squeezing Kylin more and soaking up all the time I can with JUST her. Yes, I know I have a while but being aware of it NOW is good. Kylin will be an unbelievable big sister!

oh and Justin...well I already knew he was one of a kind but he has been an incredible help. He lets me rest even after being with Kylin all day, the nightly hand and foot massages (these started with my pregnancy with Kylin and haven't stopped), letting me change my mind about food within seconds, and just being HIM! I am spoiled rotten!

Hoping I can keep the blog a little bit updated now...we only have 9 days of school left!! WAHOO and then I am home with my sweet girl for good (or until the Lord sends me back to work).

No comments:

Post a Comment