Thursday, April 16, 2009

Adjusting...

It is hard to put into words about the actual process of having a baby and then the reality of bringing the precious one home. Nobody told me that your hormones are out of whack! I mean I guess it only makes sense but I honestly thought I was going insane. Being new parents of course every noise or every spit up you question what you are doing wrong when in reality everything is very normal. Justin and I have made a point to go out and do something almost every day so I have a change of scenery. Often we take Kylin with us(we don't take her inside anywhere) but we have left her a few times with grandma or grandpa. We are always listening to music when we go out and usually it is christian music. We were out the other day and a song played and I just started crying and of course my sweet husband ask why and I realized again as I have so many times since we have brought Kylin home that God is so big. The song talked about rising up when he calls on us and that is true picture of what parenting is. God has trusted Justin and I with one of His children. All the questions or uncertainties God knows all of that and has his hand in it. What a peace you can have when reminded that we are not doing this alone. That God ordained it. We look at Kylin and can not believe how beautiful she is and that she is ours but I am reminded that she belongs to the Lord and there is nothing better than that!

1 comment:

  1. Am I crazy or did you have a chin picture up here earlier? I can't wait for us to get pictures of our two butter beans together!

    ReplyDelete