Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August Randomness...

It has been a month since I last blogged so I thought I would blog while I had a chance! This is going to a picture filled and random happenings blog entry.

The Wojtczak's are all doing great! We have done some really fun things lately with our sweet Kylin. A couple of weeks ago I went on a work trip with my mom to Savannah. She had a conference and I got to tag along (thanks mom). It was a lot of fun. My mom and I try to take a trip every year together but we hadn't been this year. We went down on a Tuesday and ate a lot of great food and just had fun...during the day she was in class and I laid around in the room and at the pool. On Thursday Kylin and Just drove up and met us and we ended the week with a little family trip. We really just wanted to have a special trip for just Kylin. We ate, swam, and played in the sand (Tybee). Here are just a few pics from that trip...you will notice a lot of wind because Irene was headed that way.



We also took Kylin to the zoo for the first time. Our sweet friends, Brandon and Jennifer, gave us tickets and we were so excited to see how Kylin liked it. She LOVES animals. She loved it. It really seemed like she was really try to think about what she was seeing. The most excited she got was at the tiger and tiger cub exhibit. Justin joked though that we could have just taken her to the playground and the carousel and she would have thought it was so cool!



During the last week in August Kylin began preschool. She is going two days a week. We really felt like Kylin needed some extra social interaction. We are constantly blown away by how smart Kylin is and all the new things she picks up. She is super verbal (if you are a stranger you would never know that) but we know she needs to interact with kiddos her own age. When we met her teacher she didn't seem too excited to go...I think all the new faces made her nervous. She has lots of friends at her school but they are a little older and in different classes. The first day of preschool came and this mommy was super anxious and her little sidekick was beyond excited. Kylin was thrilled to have her backpack, lunchbox, and name-tag...until...they got her out of the car and mommy and daddy drove off. Long story short she cried off and on all that first day but every day since she has cried less and less. Tuesday her teacher told me she had a great day...so I guess she now believes us when we say we are coming back. This mommy is still anxious but when I let it go...I know it is best for her. I spend a lot of time quoting to myself Philippians 4:6-7. In the end it is going to be great for ALL of us!

Small group fall session started up recently. Justin and I joined a few different groups. One of the groups I joined was a crafting group. Other than painting I have not done "crafting". BUT...I do have two sweet girls to clothe and I love cute stuff so I thought I need to learn to make something. My friend Brandi is teaching me to make ruffle pants for my sweet girls. I am at a good starting point...I am excited to learn even more! I bought some great fabric at a garage sale...hopefully these pretty pieces will turn into some cute items for the girls AND it all cost $7.00.

Lastly my sweet friend Megan had her baby boy today! He is precious. It is always unbelievable to me when women can have babies without pain meds. She is one of those wonder women. I told her she was my hero because when I had Kylin there was NO WAY!! Anywho he is cute as pie...maybe him and Charlee will be boyfriend and girlfriend one day...

Justin is getting ready to start his crazy season...which is great. I am just so proud of him! It is so easy to not recognize the talent in the people you are closest too but he constantly blows my mind. Charlee is doing great and growing. We are going every two weeks now. The weight is packing on ;-0. My ribs feel like they might break some nights...but doctor just says it is because she is big (he actually reminded us this morning that this girl will probably be bigger) and I don't have lots of room. Anywho hope you are all well! Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. libbi loved the zoo, too! her favorite part was seeing the giraffe "tee-tee" and now her toy giraffe has marked it's territory all over our house ;-) she talks about it all the time! it is funny to see their little minds working...like she almost couldn't comprehend that they were actually REAL animals. glad kylin is adjusting to school...it will get easier. you'll especially be SO glad that she has that time once charlee is here. it will give you some much needed bonding time with charlee and give kylin a nice break to play when y'all can't get out of the house. libbi starts back tomorrow and i'm sad, but so excited for her! can't believe you got all that stuff for $7!!! what a steal! you'll have to teach me how to make ruffle pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm assuming you picked a name for baby girl? Love Charlee...so cute! Glad to hear all is well.

    Miss you here at school!!

    ReplyDelete