This is our sweet baby the morning we left...she was so excited to spending time with her grandparents ( she stayed some with both sets).
He had prepared a little travel bag and a note. It is hard to see in the pic but on the inside of the note was a little game with a letter key to figure out where we were going. He also included many of my favorite treats as well as an ITUNES giftcard to rent movies in our hotel room. We are HUGE movie in bed kind of people!!!
We were headed a short distance to....St. Simons. I had never been there or at least that I remembered but we knew there was some great FOOD and it was an easy place to RELAX. Several people we know have homes there or take vacations regularly. Here are a few pics of our travel down...it is only 5 hours from here and was not a bad drive at all.
I'll give you one guess where we stopped on the way down there...
It was really weird to be just the two of us but it was great. We definitely spent some time talking about when we were dating and prior to...it is always funny and uplifting to look back on. We have left Kylin for a longer period of time before but I missed her a little more than I thought I would...
We had a great time together. We watched about 5 movies in 4 days and ate A LOT of food...which was delicious! Justin loved taking pics in the different areas we went to. His camera is never far behind but all of the ones to come are from our phone! I am unbelievably blessed to have such a thoughtful husband and family who are willing to let us get away! Here are some pics of the food we ate : Beachcomber (on food network), Barbara Jeans, CJ's (we actually had this pizza once for dinner and then lunch one day), Crab Trap (Justin and I shared crab legs!)
And here are just some places and things we saw:
And last but not least...me, my hubby, and the ocean air!
How sweet is this?!?!? What a thoughtful hubby. You are BOTH blessed. Miss you girl!!
ReplyDeleteMiss you too Ali! I'll come up once the craziness has passed! ;-)
ReplyDelete